Hey, I'm Sandrico
I'm a Software Developer from Nova Scotia, Canada 🇨🇦. My skill set is specialized in front-end technologies, but I also bring back-end skills. You can see a list of technologies and tools I use below. If you'd like to get in touch, use the say hello button to go to my contact form.
Below you'll find a list of places I've worked professionally and some impactful achievements I made while there. You'll also see the technologies I used while features and solving technical problems. Further down you'll find a list of my post-secondary education.
May 2022 - Present
- React Native
- Styled Components
- Optimized performance by 50% by iterating on data loading strategies for a high-traffic React component.
- Increased test coverage by 20% by creating unit and end-to-end tests using modern testing tools in React.
- Provided a data-driven form component in under 150ms by developing a form renderer that consumes JSON using React Hooks.
- Reduced type duplication in a TypeScript application by 80% by creating a generic type for reusable components.
- Guided a small dev team through common engineering cycles leading to a successful MVP demo after three months while using new technologies.
Jr. Software DeveloperREDspace
May 2021 - April 2022
- Styled Components
- Boosted rendering performance by 92% by experimenting with and integrating a virtualized list inside a high-use table component.
- Reduced technical debt by 30% by integrating a state management library into a large React and TypeScript codebase.
- Actioned on user feedback by building drag and drop, duplicating, and reordering functionality into multiple data-drivenReact components.
- Coded a 3-step data-driven user authentication flow with sessions using React, TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Diagnosed and implemented a fix for a blocking full-stack issue that allowed the team to maintain velocity within tight deadlines.
Web Application Developer
May 2020 - August 2020
- Produced a design prototype using Figma that attracted two potential investors after demonstrations.
- Worked collaboratively to integrate third-party data sources into a front-end application using WordPress and custom CSS.
- Built a frontend using WordPress and custom CSS that provided hundreds of personalized scholarships to students within five steps or less.
IT Web Programming - Nova Scotia Community College // April 2021 // Graduated with Honours
B.A. Geography & Sociology - Saint Mary's University // January 2017
Below is a list of projects I've built. With each project I strived to solve a problem, learn / practice a new technology, or both. Use the link icons on each tile to view its code or try out the application.
A full-stack website built with Next.js, TypeScript, and Go serverless functions. Check out my projects, gear, and other ways to get in touch.