Hey, I'm Sandrico. I'm a
I write organized and type safe code using technologies like React, TypeScript and GraphQL to create data-driven and appealing user experiences for the web.
Check Out MyProjects
My family and I have a card game that we play that always requires a second deck. One deck to draw from, and one deck distributed amongst everyone. After a few times of playing this game I realized that we always had trouble locating a second deck of cards, and this drew me to build this application as the draw from deck. It allows us to always have a second deck as long as there is a phone, with the added bonus of being able to reference the order of drawn cards. It was a simple life problem, but one that I learned a lot while solving.
Once I had learned enough to understand what ESlint & Prettier do, I found myself using it in all of my projects to make my writing more consistent. However, I found I was doing a copy-paste of the configuration with each new project. To solve that issue, I created this package so I could have an easily accessible package I could grab. Having this package also makes distributing updates quick and easy across projects that use this.
I enjoy solving problems and bringing benefits through code. But, my journey started with maps, people, and places.
Now I work as a software developer solving problems with quality code daily. All the while, I still practice in my own time by building small side projects that solve my problems. I enjoy solving problems, and I also love to learn. These facts about me are significant reasons why I enjoy software development. One of the biggest reasons is because it gives me the skills to solve technical problems that help people and companies. I always love seeing the tangible benefits of what I create.
- NSCC IT Web Programming / 2021 / Honours
- B.A. Geography & Sociology / 2017
- Software Developer
- Web Application Developer
April 2022 - Present / Halifax, NS / Remote
- Acted in a tech lead role on a small internal development team which took an application from proposal to minimum viable product in less than two months.
- Utilized React and TypeScript to build at least 2 critical user flows including authentication and selecting primary UI elements.
- Implemented a secondary approach to running a back-end application which prevented 16 hours of lost development time.
- React |
- TypeScript |
- CSS |
- GraphQL |
- React Native |
- Git |
- JIRA |
- Junior Software Developer / May 2021 - April 2022 / Remote
- Web Development Intern / April 2021 - May 2021 / Remote